Monday, February 14, 2011

Desert Update

Hello everyone!
It's been a long time since we have entered anything and I'm feeling quite guilty. So here is our family update. After having a nice quiet Christmas, we really enjoyed going up to Salt Lake for new years. Blowing up gingerbread houses with fireworks in the Taylor's driveway will certainly be remembered fondly for years. We had a really fun time.

In January Sonja skipped school for about nine days and went to Hawaii with Granny and company. She had a great time. She will have to tell you about that. However, when she returned she went around the house bragging about how she was getting an F. in three classes. Then she finished all of her makeup work and she went around the house telling everybody that she was now getting an A in all of her classes except for a B+ in one.

Conrad and Helen stayed home but had a fun time as well. We had a "Mosiah Party" in the middle of January because we finished reading the book of Mosiah. We're going very slowly but making some progress every time we finish a book in the book of Mormon, we have a big party in the hot tub.

Frances and I went to Hawaii (Kauai) as well. I went to some medical meetings there but also did a lot of fun things. We alternated between going to the beach every other day and going on a hike every other day. We saw lots of waterfalls, had some great weather and ate the best fish every night. It was very, very, very sweet! That made it hard to come home. At some point, I'll get some pictures to share.

Can't wait to see you guys again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys have had an enjoyable couple of months. I am jealous of all activities that occur in the lovely state of Hawaii. I could eat banana pancakes on a daily basis and then sit on the beach for the rest of the day and feel very content.

Congratulations on the Mosiah party. I think it a great idea to celebrate the completion of each book. Considering the length of Alma, it may be a while before you're able to have such fun again.

Sandra Taylor said...

Doug didn't really say all that. I just didn't know he was logged in. He isn't that interactive on the blog so don't think it was really him.

Katie Taylor said...

Sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun lately. I am in the book of Mosiah right now, so maybe I will have a little party myself upon completion!

Washington Smiths said...

Sounds like we all agree that Hawaii is wonderful - maybe we should all go together next time. We miss seeing everyone. Sounds like you guys are doing a lot of fun things in St George. Did you have a party when you finished the really short books in the BofM? like Jarom..Omni...Words of Mormon - thats a lot of parties right in a row. Maybe that will make up for the long time it will be before the Alma party?