

I wanted to post a few pictures of our house. It is coming along. We still have a few windows that haven't arrived yet. The workers have been putting up the big beams the past day or so. The electricians and heating guys and plumbers are there and getting all their stuff done. The subs should be done inside the house early next week and then the house will be inspected. After that, we are on to insulation. We are enjoying watching the house go up and we can hardly wait until it is finished.
They boys are enjoying their Christmas presents of bows and arrows. Brad wanted a recurve bow Mark wanted a compound bow. They have a great time shooting their target. It is our new after school activity. I pick them up from school and we head to the house. They haul the target out of the back of my car and set it up and then they shoot their arrows while I walk up to the house and check out the progress. Actually, I go to the house everyday at lunch with Doug to check out the progress so I am there a lot.
We are really excited for our house to be finished. In the meantime, we are surviving the apartment. It is a different experience for us. We will certainly be ready for a house again. Once we have a house, we invite everyone to come and see us. We will have an extra room.
4 comments:
It looks beautiful! What a neat location. We are thinking about you all and hope you are happy!
Looks like a great house. Should be a ton of fun to play around on all the land around the Monroe Smith estate. Post more pictures as the house gets further along. Pretty exciting.
I think you should move the house a little to the right in the canyon. Have them do it while they're out there working!
Looks quite scenic and rustic and elegant simultaneously.
gordon
Looks like a house for people in their 50's!
Post a Comment