Saturday, March 24, 2012

Festival of Colors


This is probably one of the craziest things I have done. My bff Whit and I decided since we always had something on this day, and this is they one year we haven't been busy, so we thought we may as well hit the Festival. It's in Spanish Fork at the Hri Krishna temple. Pretty much what you do is wear clothes that can get trashed, and once you walk through the entrance, you have people throwing colored chalk at
you. We bought our own bags to throw at people, but saved a few for the BIG throwing that everyone does at the same time. The picture of us where the colors are bright is before the main throwing, and the one where all the colors look faded and kinda gray is how we looked after. We were in the middle of thousands of people where we just got slammed with colors. I couldn't breathe for a minute or two and had colored snot for awhile... but it was well worth it. I may have done a little crowd surfing, hugged many strangers, and had an entire bag of pink chalk dumped on my hair (which Stephen was a little scared of, but luckily after a thorough washing, came out. I was a little worried there for a bit), but I loved it all!




5 comments:

Sandra Taylor said...

It looks like lots of fun. Will all that color come out of everything? I'm glad you had a nice time. It was great to see you for a few minutes and have breakfast. Don't have too much fun and neglect your studies. As your mother, I had to say that.

Tiff said...

That looks really cool Kim. Who are those boys you are snuggling up with in the pictures? You should have posted some pictures of your colored snot. That sounded very special. We can't wait to see you in St George. We miss our little pumba.

Sarah's Corner said...

Oh goodness!! It was a blast, and I am still sad that I didn't see you there, because a colored pic of us together would have been pretty sweet!! Oh and i wanted to meet steven!! Just know that it will have to happen sometime soon:) love you lots!

Ann said...

Looks like tons of fun! We will have to try it next year.

Tara said...

Who's Steven??? ;) Looks like you had a blast! Not converting are you? ;)