Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Miss Taylor's New Job

Family!

I don't know if you guys know, but in the district I am teaching in, 6th is going to middle school and 9th is going to high school.  I am teaching 6th grade right now and I wasn't feeling the middle school vibe.

I knew there was going to be job openings because some teachers were going to middle school and a few are retiring.  I have always wanted 3rd grade, but lately I have been thinking more about 4th grade, (and they both have openings).  I talked to my principal Friday and told her I would like 3rd or 4th.  After I told her that I was hoping all weekend that I would get put in 4th!

Yesterday all my dreams came true! My principal came in and told me that I am going to be teaching 4th grade next year!!!!! I am thrilled:) There are three 4th grade teachers right now, one is retiring, one is going to middle school and one is staying.  The two that are leaving are thrilled that I will be taking over their position and are giving me all their files, bulletin boards and books!!! I couldn't be happier!!

Next year I will be a 4th grade teacher!!!:)

3 comments:

Sandra Taylor said...

We are so excited for you too. It is like the weight of uncertainty has been lifted off your shoulders and now you know what the next year holds in store for you. All those 4th graders will be lucky to have you as their teacher. Congratulations!!! You will be great.

Tara said...

Yay Sarah! Lucky future 4th graders they are! :)

Tiff said...

I love 4th grade. That's the grade I did my student teaching in! Lucky 4th graders!