Now that all the birthdays are over we can post about something else - like a couple of fun hikes that we did in St. George and surrounding areas during our trip. First we started in Bryce meeting up with the Taylors for a day in the hoodoos. Eva and Cora loved hiking with the boys and pretty much did the whole hike without having to be carried which is a huge plus. Eva wanted to make sure that she told Sandra that she beat her up the switchbacks. We had lots of fun visiting with the Taylors in Monroe that night as well. Then it was more hiking in Kolob (the canyon) with Gordon and the other Smiths. It was about 5 miles and again our kids pretty much did the whole thing. We were impressed. The alcove was really cool and we all got to figure out how many stream crossings there was for the whole hike. And lastly, Gordon took me out to these interesting rock formations just outside of St. George very early one morning to sneak up on the rocks before they were awake and take their pictures. Luckily we got their early enough (we started hiking in the dark) so that the rocks didn't know we were coming and we were able to spend some time in their midst as if we were one of them. It was really pretty and a cool landscape with rocks that looked like the scales of a big dragon. I am sure Gordon will have better pics but I had a few I thought I would share.
It was so fun to see you guys in Monroe. We rarely get visitors. We are out of the loop these days and I don't see anything changing. Bryce Canyon was fun. We would like to go again sometime. Eva and Cora are great hikers. It was a good time. It looks like you did some fun hikes around St. George with Gordon and the Kaysville Smiths. It's too bad that our spring breaks don't come at the same time. Great pictures.
3 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! I wish I hadn't had school so that I could have joined you on some hikes.
It was so fun to see you guys in Monroe. We rarely get visitors. We are out of the loop these days and I don't see anything changing. Bryce Canyon was fun. We would like to go again sometime. Eva and Cora are great hikers. It was a good time. It looks like you did some fun hikes around St. George with Gordon and the Kaysville Smiths. It's too bad that our spring breaks don't come at the same time. Great pictures.
cool pictures Mike. I hope your foot is healed and back to normal.
we had lots of fun!
gordon
Post a Comment