Sunday, February 21, 2010

Steak and Onion Rings and Tilapia, OH MY!!!

Sonja has made the leap from FOOD FEAR to FEAR NO FOOD! In the past two weeks she's eaten more than she's done in the previous 9 years. She's had tilapia, refried beans, baked beans, taco soup, a meatball, mashed potatoes, pot roast and today she ate steak (and said she liked it and will order it at a restaurant next time!). Is that totally incredible or what? We wouldn't have imaged this was possible last month but she's in agreement with the plan and is now a willing subject at the dinner table! We're pretty excited.

--Gordon

9 comments:

Katie Taylor said...

Hooray! Sonja, I am so happy for you! Keep up the good work:)

Sandra Taylor said...

Congratulations!!! I hope that whatever happened to Sonja happens to Mark pretty soon. That is so awesome. There are lots of yummy foods out there and I'm so glad Sonja is now willing to eat them. Way to go.

Sandra Taylor said...

So, what made the difference?

sonja said...

ok, so i may have eaten steak... but your not going to make me eat hot dogs!!!

Sandra Taylor said...

There is a big difference between steak and hot dogs. They are good at Lake Powell though. Something about the sand and the heat and the grill. It's the only place I like to eat them.

Gordon and Frances said...

What made the difference? I could write you a book... later. Basically we started threatening her (again) after taking a 2 yearish hands-off approach. This time it worked. It's been a cycle of these 2 strategies her whole life. And we're not talking platefuls here, it's one bite at a time. But we are overjoyed at these bites!!!!!! There is hope for the future!

Ann said...

Wow! Way to go Sonja. We are so happy for you.

Washington Smiths said...

Way to go Sonja - we will all have to go to 'eat a burger' when we come and visit so we can see this amazing phenomenon for ourselves.

Washington Smiths said...

I meant 'in and out burger' --- sorry