Sunday, August 19, 2012
Summer in Washington
Instead of going somewhere else in the summer like in past years, we did a dedicated week in our own little neck of the woods and in a shameless attempt to lure family members to visit us in the future, we are posting all the fun things we did right here in our own backyard with lots of pics. Our week included sea Kayaking in the San Juans - which Tiff was quite nervous about thinking that we were going to be attacked by whales. Usually they see whales but the salmon wasn't in the area for them to feed on that day. We were in tandem kayaks and we pretended that we were racing in the "amazing race" - so we would row faster than the other couples. The guide had to tell us to stop a couple of times because we were smoking all of them. We spent a few days at Whistler and it was simply awesome. The village was really fun and they had all kinds of activities for the kids. Their favorites were pony riding and the trampoline bungee jump. Eva did a flip on her first try. Having bikes was a must as it seemed like the whole town was on mountain bikes so we were glad we all brought ours. We biked around some lakes and I got to do a little of the more difficult trails for a bit as well. The chair lifts to the tops of the mountains were scary especially when it stopped right at the worst part and was swinging back and forth. The gondola was less scary but was way higher up. Even without Katie we were able to spot "a bear!" as well. I had to get out and stand in front of him and take a picture, but then he started looking at me and I quickly got back in the car. Later when we got home we had a "heat advisory" cause the temps hit 80-85, so we headed up to Mt. Baker for a snowball fight and a short hike at the lake. We look forward to seeing ALL of you sometime soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























6 comments:
That all looks so fun! I would love to come visit again especially if I got to see another bear:) And I like the matsumoto t-shirts
We would love for you to come and visit us anytime Katie. The kids need their big Katie. Whenever you need a break from all that studying you should come up and we could celebrate. Hope that you are doing good going on all your fun trips to California and Hawaii.
Oh my goodness! What a beautiful place you live in! I will need to come see this place soon! Looks like it was a fun summer:)
I, Sarah, posed that last post, not kimberly. I didn't know she was logged in on my computer.... but i am sure she would have great things to say about your pictures too:)
It looks so beautiful and you must have had lots of fun. What a fun vacation!!!
Looks like lots of fun! Guess we'll have to come back since we haven't had a chance to do all of those fun things. Glad you had an awesome summer!
Post a Comment